Short Shifter and Base Bushing Kit, 00+ S/V/C70, 01+ S60/V70
Shorten your shifter's throw by 50% and experience more accurate, crisper shifts by installing our short shift kit. The kit features a plate milled from aircraft-grade aluminum and includes stainless steel mounting hardware. The plate mounts on the stock shifter bracket (on top of the transmission), and the stainless-steel bushings replace the mushy rubber bushings on the shifter cable ends.
The short shift plate comes with 3 positions that adjust the front-to-back position of the shift knob. This allows you to personalize the location of the shift knob. It can be set centered, slightly forward (for a longer reach), or slightly back (for a shorter reach). There are also two positions to shorten the throw; short or even shorter. This is the perfect low-cost modification to maximize the enjoyment of your manual transmission. You can install this kit with hand tools and a drill. Installation typically takes 1.5 hours.
1 set of Delrin bushings are included, designed to help transform your Volvo's shifter feel. Factory rubber bushings are soft, mushy and have lots of play in them making shifts vague and indirect. Our Delrin bushings are very hard and durable. They're guaranteed to last the lifetime of your car and firm up your shifters throw significantly. These bushings are installed in the base of the shifter assembly in the center console.
- 1 Aircraft grade Aluminum Short shift bracket
- 1 Set of Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware
- 2 Stainless Steel Shifter Cable Bushings
- 1 Stainless Steel Washer (for installation on any car that has a plastic cable end bushing on the side to side cable)
- 4 Delrin Washers
- 4 Delrin Bushings
- Installation Instructions
- 2001 - 2007 V70 with 5-speed manual transmissions
- 2001 - 2002 S60 with 5-speed manual transmission
- 2000 S70/V70 with 5-speed manual transmission
- 2000 - 2005 C70 with 5-speed manual transmission