Turbo Billet K24 Compressor Wheels, S60R/V70R
Upgrade your Volvo KKK K24 turbocharger with our Billet Compressor Wheels. VP-063001 and VP-063002 are a direct fit on the Borg Warner/KKK K24 turbochargers fitted on the Volvo S60R/V70R and S60 T5 models.
Billet vs Cast Construction:
Nearly all mass-produced turbocharger assemblies utilize a steel alloy compressor wheel which is manufactured from a casting. Cast compressor wheels are cheaper to manufacture and can be constructed much more rapidly. Billet manufactured wheels for example, are made from a single block of aluminum and CNC machined to an extremely high level of precision. A billet construction method allows for the aluminum compressor fins to be made much thinner than a comparable cast steel alloy wheel. The combination of aluminum material and thinner compressor fins greatly reduces the weight of a billet compressor wheel compared to a cast compressor wheel. Reducing the weight of the compressor wheel greatly reduces rotating inertia and improves turbo spool up and overall responsiveness
Billet Compressor Wheel Options:
6+6 Blade Billet Compressor Wheel: This is a 100% direct replacement for your turbo's original, cast compressor wheel. This wheel shares the same 6+6 blade design as the original K24 compressor wheel and is designed for improved torque delivery in the low to mid-RPM range powerband compared to the original cast wheel.
11-Blade Billet Compressor Wheel: This is a 100% direct replacement for your turbo's original, cast compressor wheel. This wheel uses an 11-Blade compressor wheel design and it differs from the original 6+6 blade design. With our 11-Blade compressor wheel, the result is improved airflow throughout the mid to top-RPM range powerband and slightly reduced low-RPM torque delivery compared to the original cast wheel.
Compressor Wheel Specifications
Stock Compressor Wheel: 45.78mm Inducer / 61.98mm Exducer
6+6 Blade/11-Blade: 45.78mm Inducer / 61.98mm Exducer
- While additional engine computer (ECU) tuning is not required after installing our Billet Compressor Wheels, we do recommend retuning your vehicle to take full advantage of our Billet Compressor Wheels.
- The nut holding the factory compressor wheel to the turbine shaft is reverse thread. After installing your new Billet Compressor Wheel, use several drops of blue Loctite to secure the nut, and tighten to 50 in-lbs of torque.
- No machining of the compressor housing is required to install our Billet Compressor Wheels.
- Our Billet Compressor Wheels come pre-balanced during the manufacturing process. However, we recommend balancing the entire turbocharger CHRA after installing our Billet Compressor Wheels to reduce the possibility of an imbalanced factory turbine shaft and turbine wheel.
- 2004 - 2007 Volvo S60R/V70R (B5254T4 engine)
- 2005 - 2009 Volvo S60 T5 (B5244T5 engine)