Turbo Billet Hybrid K24 Compressor Wheels, Volvo S60R/V70R
Upgrade your Volvo KKK K24 turbocharger with our Billet Compressor Wheels. VP-063001 and VP-063002 are work with the Borg Warner/KKK K24 turbochargers fitted on the Volvo S60R/V70R and S60 T5 models.
Billet vs Cast Construction:
Nearly all mass-produced turbocharger assemblies utilize a steel alloy compressor wheel which is manufactured from a casting. Cast compressor wheels are cheaper to manufacture and can be constructed much more rapidly. Billet manufactured wheels for example, are made from a single block of aluminum and CNC machined to an extremely high level of precision. A billet construction method allows for the aluminum compressor fins to be made much thinner than a comparable cast steel alloy wheel. The combination of aluminum material and thinner compressor fins greatly reduces the weight of a billet compressor wheel compared to a cast compressor wheel. Reducing the weight of the compressor wheel greatly reduces rotating inertia and improves turbo spool up and overall responsiveness.
Billet Compressor Wheel Options:
ViVA Performance's Billet Hybrid Compressor wheels are an exceptional upgrade for your KKK K24 turbo if you are looking for 420BHP or more of power from your Volvo. The increased size of the hybrid wheels allow for significantly more air flow than their OEM counterparts and thus higher horsepower potential. There are two styles available 7+7 and 11-Blade.
7+7 Blade Billet Compressor Wheel: The first style is a 7+7 Blade Billet Compressor Wheel: This is a larger upgraded compressor wheel for your turbo's original, cast compressor wheel. This wheel ultilizes a 7+7 blade design vs the OEM 6+6 blade and is designed for improved torque delivery in the low to mid-RPM range powerband compared to the original cast wheel.
11-Blade Billet Compressor Wheel: The second style available is the 11-Blade Billet Compressor Wheel: This wheel uses a larger 11-Blade compressor wheel design and is different from the original 6+6 blade design. With our 11-Blade compressor wheel, the result is improved airflow throughout the mid to top-RPM range powerband and slightly reduced low-RPM torque delivery compared to the original cast wheel.
Compressor Wheel Specifications
Stock Compressor Wheel: 45.78mm Inducer / 61.98mm Exducer
7+7 Blade/11-Blade: 54.64mm Inducer / 71.00mm Exducer
- Custom Engine computer (ECU) tuning is required after installing our Billet Hybrid Compressor Wheels and should not be used one the stock ECU file.
- The nut holding the factory compressor wheel to the turbine shaft is reverse thread. After installing your new Billet Compressor Wheel, use several drops of blue Loctite to secure the nut, and tighten to 50 in-lbs of torque.
- Machining of the compressor housing and backing plate is required to install our Billet Hybrid Compressor Wheels.
- Our Billet Compressor Wheels come pre-balanced during the manufacturing process. However, we recommend balancing the entire turbocharger CHRA after installing our Billet Compressor Wheels to reduce the possibility of an imbalanced factory turbine shaft and turbine wheel.
- 2003-2007 Volvo S60R/V70R (B5254T4 engine)
- 2005-2009 Volvo S60 T5 (B5244T5 engine)