Our custom-made ARP Head Stud Kits for all 5-cylinder engines are simply the best stud setup availalbe in the market today. They are manufactured using premium quality ARP 2000 material. Our ARP Head Stud Kit is meant to replace the original Volvo head bolt (Part Number 6842347).
ARP uses a premium quality ARP 2000 material that is rated superior to aircraft quality. Each stud is placed vertically in special racks and heat-treated to ensure 360° penetration. This procedure is far superior to other methods of dumping items in a large bin and batch treating.
Following heat-treatment, each stud is shot-peened to remove surface irregularities, and then undergoes a centerless grinding process to ensure they are perfectly concentric. This procedure involves about ten machining steps for an exceptionally straight part.
The studs are then thread rolled after heat-treatment, which gives them about 1000% (10 times) more fatigue strength than those studs that are threaded prior to heat-treatment.
ARP Nuts are manufactured in a multi-step process that “blanks” the hex and 12-point nuts and is followed by a CNC-threading process which taps each nut with an accuracy of .001K (5 times higher than the aerospace standard). This ensures an exceptionally close-tolerance fit between the bolt/stud and nut.
- QT 12 Head Studs
- QT 12 M12 Nuts
- QT 12 M12 Washers
- QT 1 Assembly Lube
ARP Part Number: ARP219-4301
- 1993 - 1997 850 5-cylinder turbos
- 1998 - 2000 S70/V70 classic 5-cylinder turbos
- 1998 - 2004 C70 classic 5-cylinder turbos
- 2001 - 2010 S60 I 5-cylinder turbos
- 2001 - 2007 V70 II 5-cylinder turbos
- 2003 - 2006 XC90 5-cylinder turbos
- 1999 - 2006 S80 classic 5-cylinder turbos
- 2004.5 - 2010 S40/V50 5-cylinder turbos
- 2006 - 2010 C30/C70 5-cylinder turbos