Improve braking stopping power of your Volvo S60/V60 with a Rotora Street Challenge Big Brake Kit.
Rotora's high-performance Street Challenge Brake System enables superior brake modulation while improving overall pedal feel to ensure equal distribution of weight transfer when braking. To achieve this proportional front-to-rear brake bias, Rotora®’s brake systems are strategically engineered to work in conjunction with the original vehicle stock master cylinder thereby producing shorter stopping distances. In using larger calipers and discs made with stronger, lighter weight material, Rotora® Brake System’s thermal capacity and brake torque is increased over the vehicles original brake system. These are the design enhancements that are demanded in high-performance street and track vehicles. All Rotora® Brake Systems are fully compatible with ABS and traction control systems. All brake components are direct bolt-on systems for production vehicles with minimal modifications required.
Big Brake Kit Benefits and Features:
- Rotora forged aluminum 6-piston calipers with sequentially sized piston bore sizes engineered to each specific vehicle and to minimize pad taper wear for longer pad life
- All Rotora calipers are fully forged (2024-T6) for optimal strength, stiffness and light weight
- High temperature dust boots are included to reduce caliper maintenance
- Rotora two-piece constructed billet 7075-T6 forged aluminum hat to reduce heat related stress and unsprung weight
- Rotora Anti-Rattle Float Drive Hardware for two-piece discs systems to allow discs to expand and contract under extreme usage.
- Rotora 1 or 2-piece directional vented (heat treated) discs to increase airflow/cooling under severe braking. Slotted or drilled oversize discs up to (380x32mm) to ensure increase thermal capacity while relieving the disc and brake pad surface free of excess debris. All discs are coated with anti-corrosion zinc plating as added rust protection.
- Rotora 7075-T6 billet aluminum forged caliper bracket (depending on application) to reduce unsprung weight.
- Rotora’s range from ceramic to carbon metal brake pads are designed to accommodate street to extreme track use with high co-efficient of friction and high temperature fade resistance.
- Rotora DOT compliant stainless steel braided brake lines to improve stiffer pedal feel and prevent brake hose expansion.
Brake Rotor Highlights:
Rotora Street Challenge Big Brake Kit utilizes patented 355x32mm or 380x32mm rings. Slotted or drilled rotors are available. Slots assist with removing debris between the brake pad and rotor during hard braking, and also increases the initial "bite" characteristics of the pad/rotor interface. For more severe cases where elevated rotor temperatures are expected over a sustained period of time, we recommend Slotted rotors. Drilled rotors provide the same benefits, but are more susceptible to cracking under severe use. For street use, they will not experience any issues.
Rotora Caliper Colors:
Rotora calipers are available in 4-Piston and 6-Piston configurations in various colors. Current color options are: Red, Dark Metallic Blue, Silver, Gloss Black, Green, Orange, Metallic Blue. White, Black Hard-Anodized, Yellow and Natural Anodize.
Brake Pad Highlights:
Each Big Brake Kit comes with H2 Ceramic Street Pads. Rotora H2 Ceramic Brake Pads feature a high-ceramic content which offers a solid brake fade resistance to increase your control on and off the street. These H2 Pads are formulated to accommodate all driving styles, track lengths and environmental conditions. This pad is recommended for all around performance, daily street and light track ready.
H2 Pad Features
Drive Type: Street/Light Track
Disc Temperature Range: 0-500 Celsius / 0-932 Fahrenheit
Avg Coefficient of Friction: 0.25-0.5
Rotora Street Challenge Big Brake Kit Contents
- (2) Forged Aluminum, Lightweight Calipers with Dust Boot Seals
- (2) 2-Piece Directional Disc Rings, Heat-Treated, Zinc Plated in Slotted or Drilled format
- (2) Forged Aluminum Rotor Hats in 6061-T6 and Black-Anodized with Anti-Rattle Hardware
- (2) Aluminum 7075-T6 Caliper Brackets and Hardware
- (2) Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines (DOT Compliant) with Hardware
- (1) H2 Ceramic Brake Pad Set
- 2019+ Volvo S60/V60
**Note: The Rotora 355mm Big Brake Kits are designed to fit and clear Factory 18in R-Design Wheels. The Rotora 380mm Kits will need 19in wheel with sufficient offset and back spacing (spacers may be required).
***Additional Notes: FOR TRACK USE: BLACK CALIPERS IS BEST (OTHER CALIPER COLORS MAY EXPERIENCE SLIGHT COLOR CHANGE DUE TO EXTREME TEMPERATURES)