K24 Turbocharger Upgrade, S60R/V70R
If you're looking to maximize the performance from your S60R/V70R without having to tear apart the B5254T4 engine for a complete rebuild, we have the answer for you!
ViVA Performance is proud to be the first to offer a K24 hybrid turbocharger upgrade for the S60R/V70R engines! In summary, our turbo upgrade has a 35% increase in airflow compared to the stock K24 turbo, significantly improves mid to top end performance, and is a 100% plug and play replacement unit. When used with our exclusive Stage 3 software (requires supporting tuning hardware) this turbo is capable of producing 420 hp and 450 lb/ft of torque at the crank.
How is this possible? First we work with an established professional turbo rebuild shop whose insistence on high quality is the same as ours. They start with an original KKK K24 turbocharger fitted on the S60R/V70R and then perform the following modifications to the turbo:
- Complete, professional rebuild of turbo: This includes inspecting and replacing the seals, bearings and thrust hardware.
- Installation of a larger and more efficient compressor wheel: This requires machining excess material from inside the compressor housing to allow room for the replacement compressor wheel.
- Port/polish of housings: To increase and improve airflow IN and OUT of the turbo, we port/polish the compressor and turbine housings. We also port/polish the wastegate flapper port to minimize boost flutter and spikes.
- Ceramic coating of turbine housing: This helps retain heat within the turbine housing and reduces engine bay temperatures.
- Turbine wheel clipping: The stock K24 turbine wheel blades are clipped to reduce rotational inertia, resulting in increased airflow through the turbine housing.
As a result of our efforts, some key benefits of using our hybrid turbo include the following:
- 100% plug and play design retains all original oil/coolant lines, downpipe and manifold flanges. There is no need to develop or fit custom hardware!
- 35%+ increase of performance without having to increase overall boost pressure.
- Maximum boost is available from 3000RPM through 6800RPM (red line).
- You can send your original K24 turbo in as a core return, helping reduce your overall upgrade expenses.
We honor a 6-month warranty for the K24 hybrid turbocharger against defects in workmanship. Exclusions from the warranty include oil related problems, improper installation, foreign object damage, etc. ViVA Performance must inspect all turbochargers prior to honoring warranty claims. ViVA Performance reminds you that modifying your car may void your existing factory warranty. Please consult your owner's manual for more information on your factory warranty.
Your car's engine and drivetrain need to be in prime mechanical condition to safely and reliably provide maximum performance (follow preventative maintenance procedure. In addition to requiring a minimum of 93 AKI octane fuel, this turbo also requires the use of our exclusive Stage 3 software upgrade and the following supporting hardware to achieved the above quoted performance figures:
- 3" Performance downpipe and hi-flow catalytic converter
- Performance cat-back exhaust system
- Air filter element upgrade and additional intake ducting
- Intercooler upgrade
- Progressive water injection/methanol injection system
- Plasma Direct coil pack upgrade
- Stage 3 software upgrade
- CBV upgrade kit
- NGK Iridium IX LFR7AIX one-step colder spark plugs
A $1,000.00 USD core charge is INCLUDED in the purchase price of our turbocharger upgrade.
Full Core Charge Credit: Upon the receipt of an original K24 turbocharger in good working condition (working by-pass valve, no cracks in turbine housing (see below photo), compressor housing, no damaged turbine/compressor wheel fins, no structural damage, no damage to wastegate, etc.), the $1,000.00 USD core charge will be fully credited back to you.
Partial Core Charge Credit: If the original K24 turbocharger core return is in good working condition (see above), but otherwise has only a shallow crack in the turbine housing (see below photo), we will be able to offer a partial core charge credit of $500.00 USD.
"Spare Parts" Core Charge Credit: If the original K24 turbocharger core return is not in working condition (bent compressor shaft, damaged turbine/compressor wheel fins, structural damage, etc.) or has developed a significant and deep crack in the turbine housing (e.g., has penetrated through the turbine wheel section and can not be repaired), we will only be able to offer a "spare parts" core charge credit of $150.00 USD.
We will always inform you if your turbocharger core return is eligible for a full, partial or "spare parts" core charge credit.