Snabb Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC) Upgrade Kit for the Volvo S60, V70/XC70 and S60R/V70R models.
Designed for the performance minded enthusiast who demands more power than the stock Volvo intercooler system was designed for, the SNABB FMIC Upgrade Kit replaces your factory intercooler(s) and all the charged air piping to reduce air intake temperatures, increase throttle responsiveness and increase engine performance (horsepower/torque). The SNABB FMIC Upgrade Kit is available with several options to allow fitment on a wide range of models and vehicle model years (see Vehicle Fitment chart below). Each SNABB FMIC Upgrade Kit includes: installation instructions, stainless steel mounting brackets, hardware (bolts/washers/speed clips) and Stainless Steel Clampco t-bolt hose clamps and ABA worm clamps.
FMIC Intercooler Details:
The SNABB FMIC Upgrade Kit is available a 22x13x2.75" core with a 2.5" inlet and outlet. This intercooler cores feature an exclusive setup to maximize cooling capability, bringing air from the top of the hot-side inlet end tank, leading out the bottom of the cold-side outlet end tank. Lower brackets are welded on the intercooler for easy installation. Don't forget that with a FMIC, the intercooler is no longer sandwiched between the radiator and A/C condenser, and is moved in front of the A/C condenser for maximum cooling effect.
Charged Air Piping Details:
Volvo's stock charged air piping components are primarily made of plastic that are prone to crack over time, leading to boost leaks and performance loss. Plastic pipes also have restrictive accordion-style flex joints that rob your engine from horsepower/torque. The SNABB FMIC Upgrade Kit replaces all the factory plastic charged air piping from the turbo outlet to the throttle body inlet with custom made, aluminum piping and silicone couplers!
- Polished 2.5" diameter, 6061-grade aluminum piping (2.75" for throttle body transition)
- Closely follows stock pipe routing to reduce interference/contact with other engine components
- Custom designed, 5mm wall-thickness couplers featuring 5-layers of silicone with 4-layers of Nomex reinforcement. Available in Blue or Black (for a stealthier installation!)
- Turbo compressor outlet (hot-side) connection options allow fitment on various turbocharger models:
- Mitsubishi TDO4HL family with standard coupler, including -13G, -15G, -16T, -18T, -19T; -13T/-14T work only with the KKK K24 style coupler.
- KKK K24, short neck with V-Band flange (additional charge for V-Band kit which includes: aluminum billet flange adapter, silicone hose, adjustable Oeticker worm clamp and viton o-ring), or;
- KKK K24, long neck with standard coupler. This coupler also fits Mitsubishi -13T/1-4T turbochargers.
- MAP/IAT Sensor connection options allow fitment on various model years (MY):
- MY2001-2002 with separate manifold absolute pressure (MAP) and intake air temperature (IAT) sensors or;
- MY2003-2009 with a single, integrated MAP/IAT sensor
- A 1/8" NPT bung is included on the throttle body charged air pipe, to facilitate water injection installation
Vehicle Fitment Guidance:
|Vehicle Model||Turbo Compressor Outlet Style||MAP/IAT Style|
Mitsubishi TDO4L-2.4T Engine w/ 13T or 14T (Select TDO4L)
Mitsubishi TDO4HL-T5 Engine w/ 13G-19T or TDO5 20G (Select TDO4HL)
|Separate MAP/IAT sensors|
Mitsubishi TDO4L -2.4T/2.5T Engine w/ 13T or 14T (Select TDO4L)
Mitsubishi TDO4HL -T5 Engine w/ 13G-19T or TDO5 20G (Select TDO4HL)
|Integrated MAP/IAT sensor|
||KKK K24, short neck with V-Band flange||Integrated MAP/IAT sensor|
||KKK K24, long neck with silicone coupler||Integrated MAP/IAT sensor|