Magnetic Drain Plug, Volvo Fitment, Short Thread M18x1.5
Magnetized lubricating oil drain plugs are an easy and effective way to trap and remove microscopic metal particles from an engine's or transmission's lubricating oils. However, developing magnetized oil drain plugs are no longer used in mass produced engines due to the high costs of magnets that are strong enough to be effective. While there are a variety of cheap magnet drain plug options available in the market, they are: A) simply too weak to be effective at an engine's normal operating temperatures and, B) not available for popular Volvo applications.
We are the first vendor to offer Volvo drivetrain application specific magnetized engine oil drain plugs using extremely strong and high quality neodymium rare earth magnets!
Our drain plugs feature a 18mm hex head with M18x1.5 threads (Long and Short thread lengths available for various applications), and utilize a 11mm diameter cylindrical neodymium magnet machined in the plug. Further, a high temperature rated two-part epoxy is used to permanently fuse the magnet in place and is lifetime guaranteed not to get loose or back out. Our drain plugs are priced and sold individually.
Magnetized Drain Plug Features
- Manufactured using 45MGH grade, military strength neodymium rare earth magnets
- Extracts ferrous (magnetic) metal particles from your drivetrain oils (transmission, angle gear/bevel gear and differential!)
- Magnetic field strength is temperature resistant to over 150° C (300° F)
- Utilizes aluminum crush washers for a leak-free seal (2 included)
- Magnet insert is lifetime guaranteed not to get loose or back out
- When installing the drain plug, use only 1 crush washer at a time. A second, spare crush washer is provided for your convenience.
- Drain plug Torque Spec: 35Nm / 26 lb-ft
Vehicle Fitment Chart
Our Short Thread, M18x1.5 drain plug can be used on a variety of drivetrain applications, including automatic and manual gearboxes, angle gears/bevel gears and AWD rear differentials!
||4-Speed/5-Speed Automatic Gearbox
5-Speed/6-Speed Manual Gearbox (2 drain plugs present)
|AWD Angle Gear / Bevel Gear (5-cyl)
||AWD Rear Differential (2 drain plugs present)
||AWD Angle Gear (6-cyl, V8)
|850, S/V/C70 FWD
|850, S/V/70 AWD
|S60 I, V70 II FWD
|S60 I, V70 II AWD||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|S40/V50, C30/C70 FWD
|S80 classic FWD
|S80 classic AWD||YES||YES||YES|
|S80 II, V70 III AWD||YES||YES||YES||YES|